Straighten Your Smile With Our Seattle Dentist
Are you tired of living with crooked teeth? At Aesthetic Dental Associates, our Downtown Seattle dentists offer clear aligner therapy to discreetly straighten your teeth in just half of the time as traditional braces. If you’re ready to start ClearCorrect® aligner treatment, contact our dental office in Seattle by calling us at (206) 682-3888 to schedule a consultation.
What Are ClearCorrect Aligners?
ClearCorrect aligners are a type of aligner therapy that utilizes a series of custom-made, removable clear plastic aligners to gradually shift your teeth into their desired positions. They’re a popular alternative to traditional metal braces for individuals seeking a more discreet and comfortable orthodontic treatment option.
What Does ClearCorrect Fix?
ClearCorrect can fix various orthodontic problems, including:
- Crowding: If your teeth are too close together and overlap, ClearCorrect can gradually create space between them, allowing for proper alignment.
- Spacing: ClearCorrect can close gaps between teeth, ensuring that they‘re evenly spaced for a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Overbite: For individuals with an overbite (upper teeth overlap the lower teeth excessively), ClearCorrect can help align the upper and lower teeth to reduce the overbite.
- Underbite: ClearCorrect can also treat underbites, where the lower teeth protrude further than the upper teeth when the jaws are closed, by repositioning the teeth.
- Crossbite: Crossbites occur when some upper teeth sit inside the lower teeth rather than outside. ClearCorrect can correct this misalignment.
- Open Bite: If there’s a gap between your upper and lower teeth when your mouth is closed, known as an open bite, ClearCorrect can help align your bite.
Benefits of Clear Aligner Therapy
Patients who undergo clear aligner therapy in Seattle, WA, can experience many benefits, such as:
- Invisibility: ClearCorrect trays are nearly invisible, making them a discreet option for both teens and adults.
- Comfort: Unlike braces, they have no wires or brackets that can cause discomfort or irritation.
- Removability: You can take them out for eating, brushing, and special occasions.
- No Dietary Restrictions: There are no food restrictions since you remove the aligners while eating.
- Easy Oral Hygiene: Brushing and flossing are easy because you can remove the aligners.
- Predictable Results: ClearCorrect utilizes advanced technology for precise treatment planning.
- Fewer Office Visits: Typically, fewer in-person appointments are required compared to braces.
- No Emergency Visits: There’s no need to worry about emergency visits for broken wires or brackets.
The ClearCorrect Process
Your treatment with ClearCorrect begins with an initial consultation with our dentists in Seattle. During this appointment, your oral health will be assessed, and if ClearCorrect is deemed suitable for your case, a comprehensive treatment plan will be created.
Instead of traditional molds, digital scans or impressions of your teeth are taken. This digital data is used to create a 3D model of your current tooth alignment.
Based on the 3D model, Dr. Johnson will design a personalized treatment plan. This plan outlines the specific movements your teeth need to make to achieve the desired alignment.
Clear Aligner Fabrication
ClearCorrect fabricates a series of clear aligners made from durable medical-grade, BPA-free plastic. Each aligner in the series corresponds to a different stage of your treatment.
Wearing the Clear Aligners
You’ll wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, removing them only for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. As you progress through the series, your teeth will gradually shift into the desired positions.
Periodic check-ups with Dr. Johnson at Aesthetic Dental Associates are essential to monitor your progress and receive new sets of aligners.
Completion and Retention
Once your treatment process is complete, you may need to wear a retainer to maintain your new smile.
ClearCorrect vs. Traditional Metal Braces
ClearCorrect aligners and traditional metal braces are both effective orthodontic treatments, but they differ significantly in terms of appearance, comfort, maintenance, and lifestyle impact.
- ClearCorrect aligners offer a discreet and nearly invisible way to straighten teeth. Made from clear, BPA-free plastic, they’re virtually undetectable when worn, making them an excellent choice for those concerned about the aesthetics of orthodontic treatment. They’re removable, allowing for easy oral hygiene maintenance. ClearCorrect trays come with minimal discomfort and fewer dietary restrictions, as you can remove them when eating. However, patients need to commit to wearing them for most of the day.
- Traditional metal braces, on the other hand, consist of metal brackets and wires that are visible when smiling. They’re fixed orthodontic appliances, which means they can’t be removed by the patient. While they’re highly effective at correcting various orthodontic issues, braces can cause initial discomfort and require frequent adjustments. Oral hygiene with braces can be more challenging. Additionally, certain foods must be avoided to prevent damage to the braces. Despite these challenges, braces are a tried-and-true method for achieving straighter teeth and are often recommended for complex cases or severe misalignments.
Cost of ClearCorrect Aligners
Patients should expect to spend between $4,000 to $5,500 for clear aligner therapy. However, costs will vary from patient to patient depending on a variety of factors, including:
- Treatment Complexity: The more complex your orthodontic issues are, the longer the treatment may take, and the more aligner sets you’ll need.
- Geographic Location: The cost of healthcare services, including orthodontic treatments, can vary significantly based on your location. Urban areas tend to have higher treatment costs than rural areas.
- Inclusions: Some ClearCorrect providers may include additional services in their pricing, such as initial consultations, X-rays, or follow-up appointments. It’s essential to clarify what’s covered in the quoted price.
- Insurance Coverage: Dental insurance plans may provide partial coverage for orthodontic treatment, including clear aligners. Check with your insurance provider to understand your coverage limits and requirements.
- Retainers: Remember that after your treatment, you may need to wear retainers to maintain your new smile. The cost of retainers is typically separate from the initial treatment cost.
To receive an estimate, contact our Seattle dental office to schedule a consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
ClearCorrect® aligners are slightly smaller than the aligners for Invisalign, meaning they look noticeable in the mouth. However, ClearCorrect® aligners are created to cover the gums, meaning that the aligners may rub or irritate the mouth.
On average, ClearCorrect® treatment typically takes about 12 to 18 months for mild to moderate cases of misalignment, but more complex cases may take longer. The treatment duration also depends on how well patients follow their orthodontist’s instructions, including wearing the aligners as recommended (usually 20 to 22 hours per day) and attending regular check-up appointments.
Ready to Start Clear Aligner Treatment?
Let our experienced dental team help you get straight teeth and achieve your dream smile! Say goodbye to crooked teeth today with the help of clear aligner therapy. To schedule a consultation, contact our Downtown Seattle dental office by calling (206) 682-3888 to get started.