Invisalign®: The Clear Choice for Straighter Teeth
If you’re looking for a discreet and effective way to straighten your teeth in Seattle, Invisalign® may be the solution for you. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign is nearly invisible and can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing, making it a comfortable and convenient treatment option. Long gone are the days of straightening your teeth with metal brackets, uncomfortable bands, and restricted diets.
Dr. Johnson offers Invisalign to patients in Seattle as a way to improve both their oral health and appearance. If you’re ready to see if Invisalign treatment is right for you, contact our Seattle dental office today at (206) 682-3888.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a revolutionary alternative to traditional braces. Instead of brackets and wires, Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners that gradually shift your teeth into proper alignment. The advanced clear aligner system is custom-made for your unique smile and is nearly invisible when worn, making them a popular choice for adults and teens in Seattle who are looking to improve their oral health and appearance. While not everyone qualifies for this orthodontic treatment, it has revolutionized the field of dentistry.
The Importance of Straight Teeth
Having straight teeth isn’t just about looking good and feeling confident — it’s also important for your oral health. Benefits of straight teeth include:
- Nicer Appearance: Straighter teeth are often considered more attractive and can boost self-confidence, while crooked or crowded teeth can detract from one’s smile.
- Better Oral Hygiene: Straight teeth are easier to brush and floss properly, allowing you to maintain better oral health.
- Improved Speech: Aligned teeth make it easier to speak clearly and pronounce words.
- Eating With Ease: Having properly aligned teeth makes chewing and biting easier. Crooked teeth may interfere with chewing or cause accidental biting of the tongue/cheeks.
- Avoiding Problems: Crooked teeth are more prone to excessive wear, chipping, and cracking and they also increase the chance of tooth decay and gum disease. Straight teeth distribute force evenly.
- Increase in Confidence: A nice smile projects confidence. Straight teeth are seen as attractive and healthy.
- Reduced Amount of Headaches: Misaligned jaws and crooked teeth can cause headaches or migraines in some people. Correcting bite issues may relieve these pains.
What Do Invisalign Clear Aligners Fix?
Invisalign aligners can correct a wide range of alignment issues, including:
During your initial consultation with one of our Seattle cosmetic dentists, they’ll evaluate your teeth and determine if Invisalign treatment is the right choice for your unique needs.
Invisalign treatments are a great option for many patients, but they’re not right for everyone. Good candidates for Invisalign in Seattle, WA, typically:
- Have mild to moderate orthodontic issues
- Are committed to cleaning the aligners and wearing them for at least 22 hours a day
- Brush and floss regularly to maintain good oral hygiene
- Can afford the cost of treatment or have insurance that covers Invisalign
- Are in good overall oral health
Benefits of Invisalign
Patients can enjoy various benefits with Invisalign:
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Comfortable treatment
- Better oral health
- Fewer office visits
How Invisalign Treatment Works
The Invisalign process begins with a consultation where one of our Seattle dentists determines if you’re a suitable candidate. If you qualify for Invisalign treatment, digital scans are taken of your teeth to create custom, clear plastic aligners. These aligners, which are worn for about 20 to 22 hours a day, gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. The tooth movement is subtle and you shouldn’t feel any pain throughout the Invisalign process. You’ll attend regular check-ups every 6 to 8 weeks so we can monitor progress and provide the next set of aligners.
In certain cases, patients may need Invisalign attachments. Your dentist or orthodontist will inform you of this during your consultation.
Cost of Invisalign Treatment
The cost of Invisalign treatment will vary depending on various factors. On average, the cost of Invisalign ranges between $3,000 and $8,000. Factors including your geographic location, the complexity of your case, and your dental insurance plan will all influence the total Invisalign cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most patients complete their Invisalign treatment within 12 to 18 months. However, treatment time can vary depending on the severity of your orthodontic issues.
When you first start wearing a new set of Invisalign clear aligners, they may feel slightly uncomfortable or tight. This is completely normal as the clear aligners are designed to fit snugly over your teeth to gradually shift them into their proper position. However, any discomfort typically subsides within a few days of wearing the new clear aligners.
You’ll need to visit your dentist or orthodontist every 6 to 8 weeks during your Invisalign treatment plan. These visits are important for monitoring your progress and making any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan. At each visit, you’ll receive your next set of aligners to continue the progression of your custom treatment plan.
Get a Straighter, Healthier Smile at Aesthetic Dental Associates
Don’t let crooked or misaligned teeth hold you back from feeling confident and happy. Dr. Johson is here to help you achieve a straighter, healthier smile with Invisalign aligners. Our Seattle dental team understands the emotional impact that dental issues can have on your self-esteem and overall well-being, which is why we’re committed to providing compassionate care and effective treatments.
Contact our Seattle dental office today to schedule your Invisalign consultation.
Invisalign and the Invisalign logo, among others, are trademarks of Align Technology, Inc., and are registered in the U.S. and other countries.