What Is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is an innovative teeth-straightening system that uses clear, virtually invisible aligners. These custom-made, removable aligners are worn over the teeth to gradually shift them into the desired position. Its success is credited to its state-of-the-art 3D imaging technology and clear aligner material, providing a seamless, personalized treatment for patients.
However, one of the most asked questions about Invisalign is how much it costs. Our Seattle dentists break down the cost of Invisalign in our comprehensive guide below. To learn more about Invisalign treatment at Aesthetic Dental Associates, contact our dental office today by calling (206) 682-3888.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Generally, the cost of Invisalign treatment can range from $3,000 to $8,000, with the average being about $5,000. However, prices can vary greatly based on various factors such as the complexity of the case, the duration of the treatment, and the specific dental professional providing the treatment.
Factors That Affect Cost
Several factors influence the total cost of Invisalign treatment, including:
- The Complexity of the Case: The severity of the alignment issues affects the overall cost. For instance, minor misalignments require fewer aligners and shorter treatment duration, reducing the cost compared to more complex orthodontic cases.
- Geographic Location: The cost of living and the average price of orthodontic treatments in your area can influence the cost of Invisalign. Prices may be higher in urban areas compared to suburban or rural locations.
- Practitioner’s Experience: Experienced orthodontists may charge more for their services. While it might be tempting to opt for cheaper options, remember that quality care and expertise can lead to better results.
Many dental insurance plans cover Invisalign treatment just as they would traditional metal braces. However, insurance coverage varies from plan to plan. Consider the following:
- Percentage of Insurance Coverage: If your insurance plan does cover Invisalign aligners, the plan might not cover the entire cost. Many insurance plans have a maximum lifetime benefit for orthodontic treatment. Once you reach this limit, you’ll need to pay for the rest of the treatment out of pocket.
- Pre-Approval/Predetermination: Before you begin your Invisalign treatment, it’s often necessary to get pre-approval or a predetermination from your insurance company. This process involves your orthodontist submitting a treatment plan to the insurance company, who will then decide how much they’ll cover.
- In-Network vs. Out-of-Network: If your dentist or orthodontist is in-network with your insurance company, you might pay less out of pocket for your Invisalign treatment. If your provider is out-of-network, you might pay more.
If your insurance doesn’t cover Invisalign treatment costs, there are various dental financing options you may consider:
- Payment Plans: Many dental offices offer flexible payment plans, allowing you to pay for your treatment over a specific period.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA): These accounts can be used for eligible dental expenses, including Invisalign.
- Dental Loans or Credit Cards: Various lending companies, such CareCredit, and credit card providers offer special financing for healthcare expenses, sometimes even interest-free if paid within a specified period.
If the cost of Invisalign is too high for your budget, there may be some cheaper alternatives you can consider:
- ClearCorrect: While pricing can vary, ClearCorrect is often somewhat less expensive than Invisalign. The treatment involves clear, custom-made, removable aligners that gradually straighten teeth.
- SmileDirectClub: SmileDirectClub offers an at-home service, sending clear aligners directly to your home. The treatment is supervised remotely by a dentist or orthodontist. This is generally cheaper than Invisalign treatment due to the lack of in-office visits.
- Byte: Another at-home clear aligner system, Byte offers an all-day aligner system and an all-night option. It’s known for its faster treatment time, which can make it more cost-effective.
To learn more about Invisalign cost in your area, or other effective alternatives, contact our Seattle dental office today.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of Invisalign is generally comparable to traditional braces, but it depends on the specific treatment requirements. On average, Invisalign costs a bit more than traditional braces. Your Invisalign provider will inform you of treatment costs.
Yes, the cost can decrease if your dental insurance covers a part of the treatment or if you can utilize dental financing options. Also, choosing a less-experienced practitioner or living in an area with lower living costs might reduce the price.
The average Invisalign cost for adults is between $3,000 to $8,000 for a 12 to 36 month treatment plan. Talk to your Invisalign provider to get an accurate estimate of your treatment cost and how much you should budget.
Schedule Your Invisalign Consultation at Aesthetic Dental Associates
Ready to determine if Invisalign is right for you? Schedule your consultation at Aesthetic Dental Associates! Our Seattle dentist will help you decide if Invisalign can correct your smile alignment and he’ll walk you through the Invisalign costs.